What a week! I totally didn’t even realize that it was spring break at my school until yesterday, since I’m taking online classes. My bad! Nice to know that I don’t have to spend any time this weekend working on anything. Even if I’m not going to school physically, online school is hard work, don’t let anyone tell you different! Anywho, so I just thought that I’d get on here and show you guys a couple of different things that have been striking my fancy lately. 😉
1. This super neat picture from pinterest.com
2. If I had a lot of dinero just hanging around the house, I would easily partake in this Marilyn Monroe auction that is of more than 100 as yet unseen photos from her late make up artist Alan “Whitey” Sneider. I don’t know if I have mentioned this on here yet, but I am a HUGE Marilyn fan. I love the iconic beauty that she portrays, even if there is a dark side to her.
This is a picture of Marilyn (obviously) with Alan on the set of Some Like it Hot. It’s one of the photographs being sold in the auction. If you want to learn more about it, go to http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/16/marilyn-monroe-photos-mor_n_1352857.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003 [it’s also where I got the above picture from.]
3. This super amazing ring that’s currently on sale at piperlime.com for only $11.97! It’s a random number, but that’s ok, the ring’s cuteness is worth it.
4. I absolutely LOVE this idea from marthastewart.com, I really want to use it for mine and my husband’s honeymoon in Costa Rica.
I think it’d be super cool either framed alone or as the backdrop to a shadow box, with maybe some items in the box that represented the trip. What do you guys think?
5. I had to include this article from MSNBC because even though I am pretty much positive that I live in an area with one of if not the highest gas prices ($4.49–yes you’re reading that right) in the nation, I enjoy learning about why that is and being able to make sense of it all. This article is really good as far as breaking it down and giving you that information, and it also includes the top 10 cities in the US with the cheapest gas. It’s funny to see how they rate on how cheap it is to live there compared to the gas prices. You’ll have to take a look for yourself:
6. For giggles, I also had to include this website about the top 10 most popular beers for St Patty’s day, and since it’s around the corner. I say for giggles because I’m not a huge fan of beer. My favorite beer happens to be located at my local brewery (Six Rivers–Google it) and it’s called Raspberry Lambic. But anywho here’s a link to the article I’m talking about:
Alright guys, don’t have too much fun drinking beer (if you’re legal) and eating corned beef and cabbage this weekend!